A brief list of my open-source contributions.
- Fix psutil.virtual_memory() type mismatch for NetBSD – NetBSD had a minor UTF-8 bug and would crash on NetBSD. I just changed the quotes and set a string type to binary.
- Modified wetty to support FreeBSD – Wetty was using a Linuxism when referencing file paths, so I generalized it to utilize /usr/bin/env.
- Updated Firefox’s fxa-local-dev scripts to run on FreeBSD – I have a long-term goal to get Firefox’s authentication servers running on FreeBSD. This requires docker support, so it is low on my priorities list. However, there is still value in working through everything up to the point of docker.
- Added Canon EOS Jpeg support for python-docx (un-merged) – python-docx would fail to install a a JPEG image, when the image header was slightly different than the standard header.
- Added FreeBSD support for node-bigint (un-merged) – This library is now deprecated and the code does not compile anyways, even on Linux.
- Working on rtl8188ee on FreeBSD – Patch submitted for review.
- r335757 – ifconfig(8): Attempt to render non-printable sequences w/ UTF-8 Environment – Added support for ifconfig(8) on FreeBSD will print UTF-8 characters
- r351573 – Document fetchReqHTTP() – Just added documentation for an undocumented call in fetch(3).